What is Expect More Tehama?
A community collaboration to transform Tehama County by championing higher expectations for higher education and career readiness.
Overall, rural areas have a lower percentage of residents with higher education. Northern California is no exception. From an economic development standpoint, the region needs to raise the skills of the workforce to compete for good companies and to retain our higher skilled. Increasingly the fastest growing, high wage jobs require postsecondary education. Now more than ever, we need all students prepared.
- All Students in Tehama County graduate from high school.
- All Students have access to and are prepared for higher education / college, if they so choose.
- All Students have access to pathways sustainable for jobs and careers.
- All stakeholder groups take responsibility to promote the Expect More Message and expectation.
- Tehama County residents know where to find resources to increase their skills.